Did you ever wonder what happens with the information you submit in your annual reports? Does it get filed right away? Or does someone actually read it?
I reached out to a few states to see what the Game Departments do with all the patient data they receive each year. Here are a few of the responses:
- results are summarized and presented at annual state wildlife rehabilitation meetings
- the number of patients that are threatened or endangered is monitored
- track how long patients are being held for rehabilitation
- ensure that only approved species on the permit are being treated
- check that all animals receive a final disposition
- make sure that patients are being released in appropriate locations
So give yourselves a pat on the back! Your data is being used for wildlife health monitoring outside of the WILD-ONe community as well.